9CL-70172 - Radiator Pressure Tester (24 pcs)
- Tests leaks in radiator and heater by connecting the pressure tester pump to the radiator through a test cap or adapter.
- Contains 16 test caps and adapters (No. 3 – 21) for use on modern domestic and imported cars and light trucks.
- Two connector tubes (black & blue) to test the functionality of the original radiator caps.
- A thermometer is provided for measuring coolant temperature before testing.
- Packed in durable EVA foam and a blow-molded carry case.
- Stock Ref. No. 9CL-7101732
COOLING SYSTEM LEAKAGE TEST
- Choose a suitable adapter and screw it onto the radiator filler neck.
- Connect the pressure tester to the adapter.
- Pump pressure to the range between 10 and 15 psi.
- Check if the gauge reading moves. If it does, there could be leaks in the cooling system.
Attention: Do not pump the pressure up to 35 psi.
RADIATOR CAP LEAKAGE TEST
- Connect the original radiator cap to one side of the connector, and a pressure test cap on the other side.
- Pump pressure to specified pressure on the cap.
- When pumping pressure under the specified pressure, check if gauge reading drops. If it does, there could be leaks in the radiator cap.
- When pumping pressure above the specified pressure, check if the radiator cap has the ability to release pressure. If it does not, the cap should be replaced.