9CL-70182 - Radiator Pressure Tester (for Japanese Cars)
- Checks leaks in the radiator, particularly designed for Japanese cars as well as some American and European cars.
- Includes three test caps and a pressure pump.
- Two connectors (black & blue) to test the functionality of the original radiator caps are provided.
- Stock Ref. No. 9CL-7101822
COOLING SYSTEM LEAKAGE TEST
- Choose a suitable adapter and screw it onto the radiator filler neck.
- Connect the pressure tester to the adapter.
- Pump pressure to the range between 10 and 15 psi.
- Check if the gauge reading moves. If it does, there could be leaks in the cooling system.
Attention: Do not pump the pressure up to 35 psi.
RADIATOR CAP LEAKAGE TEST
- Connect the original radiator cap to one side of the connector, and a pressure test cap on the other side.
- Pump pressure to specified pressure on the cap.
- When pumping pressure under the specified pressure, check if gauge reading drops. If it does, there could be leaks in the radiator cap.
- When pumping pressure above the specified pressure, check if the radiator cap has the ability to release pressure. If it does not, the cap should be replaced.